It’s been a year since a replay system was even mentioned and by the looks of it, LOL fans will finally get it! Riot has made an official statement and the replay system will be available in the pre-season update!
Here’s how it works:
- Download your replay from the End of Game Screen or Match History.
- Watch Replays from the current patch using our new Replay Mode, with the functionality you’re used to from Spectator Mode.
- Find cool moments using the new Annotated Timeline, which marks major events like kills, takedowns of towers and inhibitors, and dragon/baron kills.
- Capture video clips of your in-game moments (“Highlights”) using built-in recording functionality.
- These Highlights will be stored on your hard drive (C:\MyDocuments\LeagueofLegends\Highlights) as a .webm video file. These files can be viewed by opening them in any browser that supports HTML5, and shared to social media alongside your cat gifs.
With all of those pieces put together, you’ll be able to quickly capture, save, and share your favorite moments on video to share whenever you want.