Replacement Samsung Phone Explodes in Nicholasville

Nicholasville resident Michael Klering, says that he and his wife were woken up by a hissing sound in their bedroom.  “I was scared to death for a minute,” Klering said. Klering says when he opened his eyes, he saw his bedroom was filled with smoke.

“The whole room just covered in smoke, smells awful. I look over and my phone is on fire,” Klering said.

He told a local TV stating that he sent his old Samsung Galaxy Note 7 for replacement a couple of weeks ago because it had the same problem. This one lasted for about 7 days and caught fire. 

“The phone is supposed to be the replacement, so you would have thought it would be safe. It wasn’t plugged in. It wasn’t anything, it was just sitting there,” Klering said.

This man also stated that he was feeling sick after the incident and had a black vomit.  Klering provided WKYT with his hospital records that stated he was diagnosed with acute bronchitis. A Nicholasville Fire Department report was also taken after the hospital called the fire department to notify them that Klering suffered from smoke inhalation.

There was one more report about a replacement Note 7 catching fire earlier this week at Louisville airport. Regarding these incidents Samsung released a statement to TIME: “Until we are able to retrieve the device, we cannot confirm that this incident involves the new Note 7. We are working with the authorities and Southwest now to recover the device and confirm the cause. Once we have examined the device we will have more information to share.”

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s